Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I am reading an awesome book called *The Great Work* by Thomas Berry that has got me thinking I would like to start a book club/ discussion group on environmental literature, because I haven't read the great works of Thoreau, Muir, Rachel Carson, etc. and I think it would be great to have motivation to get through them this summer/fall. This spring/summer I have managed to read a potpourri of science essays/books that are environmentally friendly in nature, but I'd like to expand that into something that could serve as a basis for intelligent discourse on environmental issues and change. If you have any suggestions for books I might put on my list, please let me know! And if you have any suggestions for how to turn an overwhelmed brain and heart into coherent, intelligeable writing/conversation/activism, I'm all ears!

No comments: