Saturday, July 08, 2006



What rolls down stairs
alone or in pairs,
and over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack,
And fits on your back?
It's log, log, log

It's log, it's log,
It's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's log, it's log, it's better than bad, it's good.

Everyone wants a log
You're gonna love it, log
Come on and get your log
Everyone needs a log
log log log

(from Blammo)

Please excuse the Ren & Stimpy reference. I couldn't resist.

Today my mom and I went to the Erie Canal in DeWitt to take a walk.



I actually haven't been to the Erie Canal in the Syracuse area in a long time. I used to run on the canal in Rochester and being on the trail in Syracuse might just have been enough inspiration to get me running again. It's a great place to run or ride your bike because there's no motor traffic and, for a runner anyway, the gravel path is much nicer for your knees than pavement or sidewalk.




There are also lots of pretty wildflowers and interesting bugs to look at along the canal.



Here are some wild strawberries.



I don't know what kind of bugs these are, but they looked really neat flying around -- they're really shiny.






This honeysuckle tree picture didn't come out that great, but believe me, it smelled amazing!





All in all, a very nice walk!

4 comments:

Suze said...

looks like you figured out the pictures! those are beautiful. madison looks a lot like that right now ;)

pamigelsrud said...

Yeah, I figured out the pictures, just not how to insert a link to a web address. I was thinking, actually, about how pretty Madison is in the spring and summer -- so many gardens.

tgstock said...

Pam, your pretty insects were actually Japanese beetles ... very destructive insects when given the opportunity. A prime example of a non-native species being introduced to an ecosystem in which it has no natural predators and causing great damage. To learn more, go http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.us/4TH/KKHP/1INSECTS/japbeetle.html or visit your library!

pamigelsrud said...

Hey Tom, I tried to go to the site you listed, but it said "site not found" I think because the last letter of the address is obstructed on my screen. So when are you going to start writing a blog? Hmmm?