Saturday, August 26, 2006

I bought a map of the US and put it up on my bedroom wall. Then I decided to put little sticky flags to represent all the people I could think of -- friends, family, old schoolmates, ex-boyfriends, etc. (I'm still working on it -- thus the people in the ocean).



After watching Spike Lee's documentary last night I sat up in my room and stared at my map for a long time, imagining each person, taking comfort in knowing that they are all most probably safe and well. Maybe some of us are depressed or anxious or stressed about life's decisions (or changes), but as far as I know, no one is in grave danger. As far as I know, no one I know is really ill or living in a war zone or in a place that has been severely affected by weather conditions. I feel a great sense of relief in that.

2 comments:

Andre said...

This map, and the Oliver poem, are lovely. Thank you so much for sharing them.
friend and ally,

pamigelsrud said...

Glad you liked them : ) Remember when I used to have a new poem on my answering machine every day? Those were the days...