Saturday, September 09, 2006

Have I mentioned that my mom is aspiring to have her own photography business? That's going to be her next career when she retires from the Syracuse Symphony. So, she spends a lot of her time taking photographs and reading books about how to use all the new fangled digital equipment. I hope I have that much energy and determination when I'm 65! I have been very fortunate that she wants to take photos of me, because I think a few of them will make good headshots/publicity photos for singing work. I've used a few of them already. She also has taken some beautiful pictures of the kitties. I'll have to post some of them when I figure out where they are on the computer.

One of the projects she has taken on recently has been to sort through all the photographs she has taken over the years. Partly this is because she has taken some fantastic nature shots all over the country and hasn't kept them organized so that she can find them or possibly use them as part of a portfolio. So there are lots of boxes in the living room labeled as "PJ and EJ Junior High/High School", "Graduations", "Performances", "Weddings", etc. with various photos in them. Today I decided to look through a few boxes and found a photo I thought was pretty hilarious. I had completely forgotten about it and can't even say with certainty when it's from or what the event was. It's me and my friend Kevin Ray, who is a musical theatre actor and artist in New York City now, from Junior High, I'm guessing, and I think we were about to go trick-or-treating. I think Kevin must have had the costumes from a show he was doing somewhere outside of school, but I don't know. Anyway, embarassing as it is, I thought I'd post it just for a laugh.

1 comment:

tgstock said...

HA HA HA! That picture is too funny! You are a penguin I think -- and what is Kevin? Good times in Camillus!