Monday, October 09, 2006

Hi, friends. Sorry I haven't written much for a while. I am writing you from Boston, actually, where I have been trying to find work and an apartment. The day I got here, however, I got some tragic news. My dear cousin, Julia, who has been like a sister to me my whole life, lost her husband suddenly on Friday. He was driving to work and somehow missed a stop sign and the intersecting traffic that didn't have a stop sign killed him instantly. As you know if you have been following my blog, Julia and Edwin have a beautiful 2 year old son, who now doesn't have a father. My wonderful cousin no longer has a partner to help her care for her son -- no longer has a partner with which to love and share her life. I keep finding myself crying and am feeling rather down about all this, but I just can't imagine how she is coping. She is truly brave as she faces each new day, missing someone vitally important to her life. I am leaving in the morning for Kalamazoo, stopping briefly in Syracuse to pick up my mom. I don't really know what to say, but this is what comes to mind:

"Life is short and we do not have too much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel the way with us, so let us be swift to love and make haste to be kind."

2 comments:

andre said...

So I know I just said thanks for your wisdom, like, 13 hours ago, but I'm saying thanks for your wisdom again: thanks. I wish you good and those you love peace while wading through your grief. Don't ever think me not grateful for your struggle.
big love,
andre

Suze said...

oh my god, how sad. i'm so so sorry, pam, for you and your cousin and her family. i remember you telling me that you've visited them a few times recently. i will be thinking about them and you.