Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thank God he didn't poop ON any of my things.

So, I'm still not used to living with a dog. I haven't lived with a dog since I was in high school, so I'm just not yet accustomed to the concept that any food lying anywhere is going to be eaten the moment I turn my back. Suzie, my family's dalmation, who was alive from when I was age 5 to 16, used to eat everything -- loaves of bread, plates of dinner sitting on the dining room table, books (which provoked much anger in my father), etc... But for the last 10 years, I have been accustomed to two kitty cats, whose annoying habits include: Jezebel - knocking over full glasses of water, eating plants, and generally being a dominatrix, and Vana - ripping the corners of magazines and newspapers and indecision about which room she wants to be in. Imagine my chagrin this morning when I found the contents of my purse, which I had left at the top of the stairway, strewn along the stairs and the empty wrapper from the Ritter Sport Hazelnut Chocolate bar I bought at Trader Joe's yesterday at the bottom of the stairs surrounded by dog poo -- 3 piles in all -- one large, two small. I had to clean it up, even though I was yet again running late, because the poo was right in front of the door. Ewwww! Dog poo indoors is the worst! The smell is unbearable! It's bad enough outside! Now I'm not saying cat poo isn't gross, but it's much smaller and less smelly, and generally it's dry by the time you scoop it up. (It's the pee that really stinks!) So, Suze, how about baby poo? You said it smells pretty bad, but is it as bad as dog poo??

5 comments:

Suze said...

dog poo is DEFINITELY worse. plus, dogs don't wear diapers...at least with babies you know where you're going to find it!

Steph said...

Not to compare this in any way with the horrors of dog poo, but one of my cats has some sort of (probably hairball-related) stomach irritation and has been puking at regular intervals since about 5:00 this morning. I spent the first half-hour I was up cleaning piles of regugitated cat food--I'm sure there are a few I haven't found yet. So far she has puked on the couch, the futon, the kitchen throw rug, and a quilted wallhanging made by my grandma that currently lives on the basement floor. I'm a bit concerned, but she seems otherwise healthy and normal. At least cat puke doesn't smell bad...unless you don't find it right away...

pamigelsrud said...

Sounds like a hairball, if she's otherwise normal. I know ALL about cat puke! Actually, my friend Marsha and I were just joking about that last night. She was saying she thinks there is probably some remnant of cat puke on everything she owns. Isn't that a pretty thought?! : ) I hope your kitty is doing better now!

Steph said...

Thanks, Pam. I think you were right on the hairball thing. She's back to normal now, and I'm trying not to think about what my couch cover would look like under a microscope...

pamigelsrud said...

I would hate to see my house under a microscope! Scary thought!!