Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Well, today wasn't that great of a day, but it wasn't awful either. I took a different route to work this morning and got lost, but it didn't take me much time to right myself and I was still 10 minutes early. This afternoon I got pulled over for (just barely) running a red light. I was SO worried about getting a ticket, because I REALLY can't afford any additional expenses at the moment, but the cop let me off with a warning. Whew! And when I got home I discovered that my computer, which has been very uncooperative lately, has yet another problem. I can't use MS Word at all now! So, I was going to submit resumes in pursuit of a second part-time job, but now I'm unable to do that. And, I was going to download some pictures for this blog entry, but the computer is telling me there is no room to store anything (even though I trashed both Photoshop and Finale earlier -- they were old versions that only ran in the old OS anyway). So, luckily I am still able to use email here, but this laptop is on its last legs. Over Thanksgiving I had two wonderful guys offer to stand out in the cold for 3 hours at 4:00am to buy me a laptop at a greatly reduced price from a computer outlet center (which happens to have stores in Denver and Cambridge). I told them both I couldn't let them do it because to me having a computer isn't worth so much suffering. I am such an idiot.

No comments: