Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Last night I saw three old friends from high school. Two of them are people I haven't seen in fifteen years and wasn't at all expecting to see. It was a lot of fun to reminisce about the old times, the pain, the silliness, etc. It was really good to be together at a time in all of our lives when we can really appreciate each other. All of them are such funny people. The stories they were telling about their respective teaching experiences were f**king hilarious! Holy #*^%&! Some of the things we were talking about from the old days were things I had completely forgotten about... like my family's vicious dog. I was laughing so hard I was crying at their descriptions of coming to my house. "Ok, I've got her, now RUN!!"

I wonder sometimes how my life would be different if I had been brought up going to St. Joseph's with the rest of the lot -- if that was the reason I sometimes felt out of the loop -- but maybe not. We had Mr. Goetcheus and Mr. Weidman, Drama Club, Chorus, Orchestra, various musicals, parties at Steve Johnson's... what more was there to high school? If we had it all to do again... Crystal says she would have told more people where to go and what to do when they got there. I'm just glad we don't have to do it again. :-)

3 comments:

andre said...

"I'm just glad we don't have to do it again."

Amen to THAT!!

tgstock said...

That was a fun night, wasn't it !

Just remember, when things get rough, "put your fingers here."

I like the family photos as well, everyone seems happy enough :) Hee Hee

pamigelsrud said...

I love the "put your fingers here" reference -- especially since no one else reading this blog has any clue where you're putting your fingers! :-)