Saturday, February 03, 2007

Well, I suppose you know who your real friends are by who's still around after you've given up coffee! :-) Finally this week I decided to try living without coffee. Oh! What agony! It's amazing what a hold the stuff has on me. It became necessary after admitting to myself that my acid reflux has been getting much worse and also that I have a pretty significant tremor. A few weeks ago I was out to lunch with a friend who looked at the hand holding my fork and said to me, "Why is your hand shaking?" I wasn't even aware that it was! This is not to say I don't have some awful condition that's going to lead to my premature death, but at least I should make sure it's not just too much caffeine in my system. (!) I love coffee! I live for coffee! But... I have to admit, lately, my stomach hasn't been all that keen on it. I knew I was going to have to give it up someday. But I don't feel like myself...

2 comments:

tgstock said...

Doesn't Folgers have some sort of mild coffee that is supposed to be easier on the stomach? Of course, that does seem somewhat geriatric in nature --- it's probably in the same aisle with the Metamucil. Hee Hee.

andre said...

Good luck with this, Pam!