Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Boston Marathon is tomorrow and I must admit, the idea of running 26 miles is completely CRAZY to me. It's even crazier, of course, because this awful weather of heavy rain and gusting winds is supposed to continue through the race!! But, even without that, the idea of running to the point of total exhaustion and probable injury is INSANE, in my opinion! I think it takes a certain kind of character - someone who has a need to prove they can endure great pain and accomplish a very difficult task. I know people like that. (Some of them even read this blog.)


**NOTE: It's Monday morning at 6:47am and I'm writing to say that I barely slept an hour last night -- the wind gusts are up to 36 mph!! It sounds like my windows are going to bust! I can't imagine how I'm going to drive to work without my car blowing off the ground. I don't know how people are running in this. (It's raining, too, of course.)

No comments: