Sunday, April 01, 2007

Thanks to Susan, I have a new post for you today!

Here are 5 questions she made up for me to answer:

1. What is one unusual thing about you?

One? Ha! Let's see... Watching squirrels eat makes me happy.

2. Name 3 of your favorite places in Boston.

This is a hard question. Do I answer just places in Boston proper or in the greater Boston area? Do I name general areas? or specific places / certain shops, restaurants? Yikes! What a task! :-) I'm sure to leave tons of places I love out, but...

Ok, here goes:
#1. Copley Square area - Trinity, the Library, Newbury St., Comm Ave. park, etc.
#2. Harvard Square - Harvard Yard and its many cute squirrels, all the awesome bookstores, Harvard's amazing facilities, etc.
#3. Backbay Fens

3. You have been given the opportunity to present a program of your choice for a friendly audience in a prestigous recital hall. You have at your disposal any instrumentalists you need to accompany you, including a conductor (should you need one). What would you sing?

Hmmm... How about:

Knoxville: Summer of 1915 (Barber)
Poèmes Pour Mi (Messiaen)
Su le Sponde del Tebro (Scarlatti)

4. What opera do you secretly hate?

It's no secret. I hate Cavalli's "La Calisto".

5. If you could do it all over again, would you still study voice?

Yes and no. Yes, I would take lessons and sing to my heart's content, but No, I wouldn't do a degree or degrees in voice performance. That said, I know my life would be very different without having had exposure to so much great repertoire, language classes, collaboration with other instrumentalists, etc. But, I'm curious to know how things would have turned out had I taken a different route.

3 comments:

Ian said...

I don't think your vocal degrees are something to regret...

I like the new color scheme, by the way -- my favorite colors (purples and greens)!

Suze said...

thanks for answering my questions. squirrels make me happy, too :)

and i like the new look of the blog. i wish i knew something about html...

pamigelsrud said...

Ok, I have to confess... I didn't change the html code this time. I just used the new blogger upgrade options... but when I have time, I'll try to make things pretty through my own html tinkering (watch out!).

Re: regretting my vocal degrees. I didn't mean to imply that. I just meant that knowing what I know now about the world, I would do a lot of things differently if I were to do everything again. Like come up with a good way to *fund* my singing career...