Friday, May 18, 2007

I got the idea for this post (well, the alphabet part at least) from Susan's blog...

When I was in college I took an ART history class that met in the evening on Tuesday nights (I think). I always got sleepy looking at slides in the dark, even though I thought they were really neat.

The BERNOULLI Effect explains why air travels faster when passing through a narrower space, which is the phenomenon that causes the vocal folds to be sucked together, beginning the process of vibration, which is what makes phonation possible.

CRAB is the name of my landlady's dog, who is a black standard poodle. He's 14 years old and not in the best of health. She thinks he might have had a stroke last week. :-(

There are 863 listings for DUNKIN DONUTS within 50 miles of Boston according to insiderpages. I did a search on Google Maps for DUNKIN DONUTS in Boston, MA and it gave me 3,094 results.

My life is seriously deficient in physical EXERCISE right now. Every day during the week I spend 8-10 hours sitting at a desk in front of a computer and 1-1/2 hours in my car commuting. I feel like my body is deteriorating.

Most of the time I really like FIREFOX. I have to say, now that I'm used to using tabs, I can't imagine using the web any other way. If you don't use it, you should definitely consider it.

My GRANDMA Igelsrud, born Spray Johnson, but known to everyone as Sally, used to say (when she was alive), "There's no glory in growing old. You just gradually fall apart."

The HAUGTUSSA is a beautiful collection of poetry which was written by Arne Garborg. Edvard Grieg set eight? of the songs to music and I sang three of them on my Master's recital at NEC. It is often sung in German, though the original text is in Norwegian.

I think it might be pretty cool to visit ICELAND. Not just because it's the home of Björk, but because the landscape looks really bizarro and cool.

No comments: