Tuesday, May 15, 2007

***OK, OK! I obviously didn't phrase the question very well... So, here's another try... I was reading an article this morning which stated that Miami has just been voted (by some dumb survey or whatever...) the city with the (insert answer here/ let's pretend this is MADLIBS, so... ADJECTIVE + PLURAL NOUN). New York came in second, Boston third, etc. etc. Is that better???***

I've decided to hold a contest.
See if you can guess what this is a list of:
(Here's a confusing hint... It's NOT a list of cities with the cleanest parks).

1. Miami
2. New York
3. Boston
4. Los Angeles
5. Washington, D.C.
6. Phoenix
7. Chicago
8. Sacramento, Calif.
9. Philadelphia
10. San Francisco

I will send a bar of Spicy Dark Aztec Chocolate to the winner and to whoever comes up with the most creative answer.

12 comments:

Ian said...

It's obviously a list of cities. I'm ready for my chocolate.

Ian said...

If you want something more specific, I would hazard to guess that those are the cities in the U.S. with the ten highest Spanish-speaking populations.

andre said...

Re: your last post, that's exactly what I'm doing right now. I have 45 minutes to finish grading two seniors and instead I'm checkin' in with friends. But I can't be all work all the time!
Re: your last post, they're not just citites that's *way* too general. . you ready for this? they are. . .American cities. . . I want my chocolate!!!!!

wishing you well!

andre said...

Oh, I guess Ian beat me to the American cities obersvation. . drat.

How about they are the cities where you have friends?

pamigelsrud said...

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Well, I mean... it's not that those things aren't true... but I'm still waiting for the *correct* answer! :-)

pamigelsrud said...

Well, actually, I don't think I know anyone in Phoenix or even anyone from Phoenix. :-)

pamigelsrud said...

Oh, and also, I didn't mean to imply that Ian's comment that these are the cities with the ten highest Spanish-speaking populations was true. I don't know what that list would look like, although I'm sure at least a few of those cities would be on it. I have to imagine there would be a few more Texan cities on the list, though. And probably a few in NM and OK...

Suze said...

I was going to guess cities you'd consider living in...but Miami and Phoenix? Hmmm. Maybe not.
How about most expensive cities to live in?

pamigelsrud said...

nope...

Suze said...

OK...how about rate of car thefts? Is statistics the right way to go here?

Suze said...

not cleanest parks, eh? dirtiest zoos? scariest parks? i can't fathom what list miami would beat out NY and LA...

Ian said...

These are the top 10 cities in the nation for quality road rage.