Tuesday, May 29, 2007

QUIZ DAY! Hey - I think I'm going to keep this up!

Today's quiz is a bit of a "Name that tune" affair. I'm going to list a 5 sets of 4 pitches. You get to name at least one tune that begins with that series of intervals.

(Note: I'm not sure if these are original keys -- not sure at all -- this quiz is about the relationship between pitches that form a melody. I did it this way so I don't have to bother with accidentals...)

The winner gets a special prize, which I will mail to you, provided you give me an address to send it to. :-)

Here goes:

1. BCDE

2. ADEF

3. DEFA

4. DDAG

5. ADDD

Yes - you get bonus points if you name more than one song!!
GOOD LUCK!

10 comments:

Ian said...

2. The Crucifixion (Barber), Dvorak's Violin Concerto, numerous others

5. Here Comes the Bride

Mrs. Ann said...

1. when the saints go marching in?
5. wedding march?

pamigelsrud said...

ha - that's funny... that's not even the tune i was thinking of for #5...

Jake said...

1. Ghandi's aria from Satyagraha by Glass; "Quemadmodum', by I can't remember, but the one I did recently was absolutely amazing!!!

2. "Zerfliesse, mein Herze", from the St. John Passion of Bach; "Erwaege" from the same; "The Stubborn Oak", Shaker song

4. "Personent Hodie", anon. 14th C

5. "And suddenly, there was with the Angel", Handel's Messiah (I know, cheap to use a recit!)

Suze said...

1. oh danny boy

#5 sounds like a cheesy praise song i knew as a teenager back in the days when i did stuff like go to church camp.

i can't believe i can't think of any more!

pamigelsrud said...

This is fun! I think I'll wait until someone answers all of them... or at least until someone has an answer for #3. :-)

DJ said...

1)Gigi
All in the Game
2)Together
3}Rhapsody Espagnole
4)Summer Love
5)The Wedding March

Jake said...

3. Tom's Diner; "It's all right with me", by Cole Porter; Three Ravens, folk ballad

DJ said...

test

DJ said...

1-Gigi
All in the Game
2-Together
3-rhapsody espagnole
4-summer Love
5-The Wedding March