(Andre - please email me your address so I can send you some chocolate! Unless, of course, you don't like chocolate, in which case I'll send you something else!)
The correct answers are:
1. e (Mary Oliver) - Wild Geese
2. c (Hafiz)
3. h (Edna St. Vincent Millay) - Love is not all: it is not meat nor drink Nor slumber nor a roof against the rain...
4. b (Anne Sexton) - Snow, blessed snow, comes out of the sky like bleached flies...
5. f (Jean Lahor) - Chanson triste
6. a (Paul Verlaine) - Green (both Susan and I posted this!!)
7. e (Mary Oliver) - The Journey
8. g (Robert Frost) - Choose Something Like a Star
9. d (Joni Mitchell) - A Case of You (Oh, I could drink a case of you, darling, and I would still be on my feet...)
10. c (Hafiz)
Love is not all: It is not meat nor drink
Nor slumber nor a roof against the rain,
Nor yet a floating spar to men that sink
and rise and sink and rise and sink again.
Love cannot fill the thickened lung with breath
Nor clean the blood, nor set the fractured bone;
Yet many a man is making friends with death
even as I speak, for lack of love alone.
It well may be that in a difficult hour,
pinned down by need and moaning for release
or nagged by want past resolution's power,
I might be driven to sell your love for peace,
Or trade the memory of this night for food.
It may well be. I do not think I would.
-- Edna St. Vincent Millay
Don't ya love it?