Saturday, June 16, 2007

I was going to write something, but I don't really feel like I have anything to say. Or, I suppose the truth is that I have a ton of things spinning around in my head, but nothing coherent enough to write about. Maybe I'll try again later. My roommate's boyfriend is leaving town to go back to Paris and she's having a little going away party for him tonight (at his apartment). I'm excited to go and meet new people and maybe even speak a little French?, but the truth is that I've been finding it difficult to navigate social situations (where I don't know anyone well) without alcohol and simultaneously finding that every time I drink even one beer lately I end up feeling very depressed and out of sorts in the aftermath. It's a dilemma for sure. I suppose I may end up not staying very long. I did rent a movie that I could watch instead - and I have a book to finish, too. But then again, maybe I will meet some interesting people and not feel socially awkward at all. Here's hoping!

** SO... I got lost and never made it there. I did a google map for his address in Boston instead of Brookline and it took me to the wrong address and I never was able to figure out how to get there. I think Boston was voted the most difficult city in the US to navigate at one point. There are many reasons for that. Oh well!

No comments: