(This quiz would be more fun if you didn't google the answers. Don't you think? :-))
1. What kind of people does Holden Caulfield hate?
2. Which instrument(s) musically illustrate(s) a beheading in Berlioz's Symphony Fantastique?
3. Whose head on a platter was given as a gift to Salome?
4. Name 3 novels (title and author) in which female characters are found singing and/or playing the piano.
5. What author wrote a book comparing a great composer, a great artist, and a great mathematician?
6. In what movie does one find coconuts used in lieu of a horse?
7. What event is usually cited as the inspiration for the exoticism that developed in Western music in the early 20th century?
8. Which character is most adamant about avenging his father's death in "the Princess Bride"?
9. Who is the host of "The Daily Show"?
10. What city is hosting this summer's Olympic Games?