Monday, July 02, 2007

I feel really nervous this morning. Maybe it's because my Mom is about to have major surgery -- and maybe the stress from the fact that I didn't get as much studying done this weekend as I would have liked and that my car insurance expired and I haven't had a chance to take care of it is just putting me over the edge. My stomach is what I would describe as a firey pit. My Mom is supposed to be at the hospital at 9. She's having her hip replaced, which everyone agrees is a good idea, since she doesn't have any cartilage left between the bones. She's going to be just fine and the surgery could potentially bring her back to a much higher quality of life, since she loves to climb mountains and do lots of active things. But, surgery is surgery and it makes me nervous -- and I wish I could be there with her sooner than Friday.

***

This just in (at NOON) --

The surgery is over and went well!! Yay!!

What a relief! Whew!

5 comments:

Steph said...

I understand how you feel, Pam. My mom has rheumatoid arthritis and has been through a lot of joint-replacement surgeries. The wait always sucks. I'll be thinking of you both. :)

Pam said...

Thank you, Steph!

andre said...

Yay for real!! I'm so glad to hear things went well with your mom!

Lara said...

I'm so glad the surgery went well. I hope your mom will be feeling MUCH better soon.

Suze said...

hey, pam. still catching up on blogs since coming back from CA. glad your mom's surgery went well. i hope the recovery goes as quickly as it can and that she's up on her feet before long. thinking of you guys.