Friday, August 31, 2007

The adventure begins!

This morning I finished clearing out my bedroom and gave up my keys. Then I went to work and at the end of the school day, at staff meeting, I got to say good-bye to everyone over cake, champagne, and strawberries! What a fantastic surprise! I have to admit I cried a little. I don't think I've ever had such an emotional connection with a group of people I work with. What an interesting and crazy place! And some really wonderful people who I will miss. I left work at about 2pm and got right on the road. I had been worried about traffic, since it's Labor Day weekend, but I guess since I was quite a ways from Boston to start, I must have missed the worst of it, because I never really hit any significant traffic. I arrived in Syracuse at about 8pm, which means it took me just about an hour longer than it should have. But, I admit, I stopped at almost every rest stop along the way for gas, air for my tires, caffeine, or to use the restroom... so I think that might have made an impact on my timing...

1 comment:

mom said...

it's the beginning of a great new
adventure! Enjoy it! and drive carefully on your way to your new
destinations (not too motherly!)