Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hi all! Well, this is my last week in Boston... In case I haven't told you already, I'm moving to California!! (I leave Boston officially on Friday (I think).)

Moving AGAIN is a little bit crazy and a little bit stupid, but mostly very, very exciting!! Ian, who moved out there six months ago, didn't have to do much to convince me that Palo Alto has the most perfect weather in the world and that there are lots of beautiful places to see and fun things to do in the Bay area. And, though I have to admit I've had a secret desire to move to SF since I was in college, the two trips I've taken there this year are really what sold me on the idea.

So, I will try to continue blogging as I begin this new chapter of my life. I'm driving there, so I don't know really how much opportunity I'll have to write, but I'll be making stops in Syracuse, Chicago, Madison, Salt Lake City, and Denver along the way, so I should be able to write some updates. If all goes according to plan, I should arrive in Palo Alto to start work at my new job on Monday, September 10th.

So, in the true spirit of this blog, I'll leave you with questions...
When's the last time you were in California? How did you like it? When's the last time you were in the SF Bay area?

6 comments:

Suze said...

I love these Q&As!

I've only been to CA 3 times in my life, but the last time was quite recent. I was in Malibu in June for Songfest, which was really great.

I was in SF my freshmen year of college for about a day. Our college choir was on spring break tour, and we drove through CA the long way (south to north). It's such a beautiful state! Too far away from family, and too expensive for us to live there with kids...but definitely a great place to visit.

Joshua Nemith said...

Good luck on your exciting journey west. Sounds like great fun!

I was in SF back in 2000 to spend time with Arpi (my partner) and her mother over the Christmas holiday. We cooked a lot and also really hit the downtown area, MOMA, Fisherman's Wharf, etc. What a beautiful place. It's definitely a city of the world.

But perhaps the more exciting story was when I was in SF about six months before that, when I did my audition for the New World Symphony in Davies Hall with Michael Tilson Thomas listening in the fifth or sixth row. We even played a Schubert four-hands duet together, right on stage in this incredible space. (I did win the piano fellowship and was in Miami Beach for two years after that!)
That's a pretty magical memory, for me anyway. I'll always remember SF as a place where I commenced a major turning point in my life.

Steph said...

Congratulations, Pam, and good luck with your move!

I'm kind of ashamed to admit it, but I'm thirty-one years old and I've been to Europe six times and travelled in Canada and Mexico and generally think of myself as well-travelled in a very limited, Western-centric sort of way, but I've never been to California. Not even an airport. Not once in my entire life. I haven't been to NYC, either.

Ian said...

I was last in California right now.

I liked it a lot.

I was last in the SF Bay area right now.

(I liked that a lot too.)

Can't wait for you to get here! So hurry up! :-)

Suze said...

ian, hon, you gotta wait for pam to stop by madison first!!

Pam said...

Thanks for your well wishes, friends!