Thursday, August 23, 2007

I have to confess that when Scott Adams started writing about my new favorite comic strip, Basic Instructions, I had mixed emotions. On the one hand, I was excited that the cartoon was getting so much exposure. On the other hand, I was upset at the advice Adams was giving Meyer to make changes to the cartoon (since I liked it just as it was and didn't think it needed changing). But I have to admit that I actually liked the revisions in Adams's post today (especially "How to get to work on time"). So, maybe it will all work out. :-)

1 comment:

Jake said...

You know, what's interesting is that when I first checked out Basic Instructions (from your link) it didn't grab me. And as much as Scott Adams has been TOTALLY annoying in his holier-than-thou advice, the effect is that I now thoroughly enjoy Mr. Meyer's work. It had initially struck me as too wordy, too abstruse, and his efforts to focus have been fantastic!