Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Whenever I move to a new place, I inevitably end up contacting old friends I haven't spoken to in a while and it gets me thinking about just how different I am in some ways than I was five, ten, or fifteen years ago. How were you different??

(Just a reminder in case you don't like to do math... 5 years ago was 2002, 10 years ago was 1997, 15 years ago was 1992)

1. How was your hair different (including facial hair if you're a guy...) 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 15 years ago?

2. Where were you living 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 15 years ago?

3. Were you in school? If so, where? 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 15 years ago?

4. How do you think you've changed over all in the last 5,10,15 years?

(Me - 1. 5 years ago my hair looked pretty much the same, but it was much lighter and redder, 10 years ago my hair was long and blond, 15 years ago my hair was long and brown, I think?; 2. 5 years ago I was living in Rochester, NY, but moved to Boston that fall, 10 years ago & 15 years ago I was living in Rochester, NY; 3. 5 years ago I started my Master's degree at New England Conservatory in the fall, 10 years ago I was not in school, 15 years ago I was in school at the Eastman School of Music working on my Bachelor's degree)

2 comments:

Suze said...

1. 5 years ago my hair probably looked a lot like it does now. Brown, medium-length, never very well-styled. 10 years ago it was kind of long. 15 years ago it was - shudder - badly permed and I had bangs!

2. 5 years ago - Madison, WI (where I am now); 10 years ago - the middle of Kansas (college); 15 years ago - small town, Kentucky (hometown)

3. 5 years ago - here at UW, 10 years ago - at Bethel College in the middle of KS, 15 years ago - Jr. high in the ugliest most horrible building on the planet.

4. How have I changed? Well, that could be a whole book, really. Mostly, I'm more confident, I'm a better musician, and I'm more cynical now than 5, 10 and 15 years ago.

Ian said...

1. 5 years ago I had a goatee and about 3 feet of red hair that I pulled back into a pony tail. 10 and 15 years ago I didn't have a goatee, and I had medium length (for a guy) red hair that tended to be really fluffy.

2. 5 years ago I lived in Utrecht, The Netherlands (for a month). This was between living in Charleston, SC, and moving to Boston. 10 years ago I lived in Charleston, SC. 15 years ago I lived in Des Moines, IA.

3. 5 years ago I was not in school. 10 years ago I was doing my BA at the College of Charleston. 15 years ago I was just starting 9th grade at Roosevelt High School in Des Moines.

4. I'm exactly the same. I'm perfect so it's better that I not change. (That's a joke, for those of you who don't know me [and those of you who do].) Actually, in my mind, I think the biggest change is that I am much more self-confident. I may also be a bit more cynical -- it's hard to tell.