Thursday, October 25, 2007

Yesterday, as I was browsing the internet, I came across a link on the Franklin Covey website (you may know Steven Covey, who's famous for that book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People) that helps you build a Mission Statement. I decided to go ahead with the process and, though it wasn't *exactly* what I was looking for, it got me thinking about what my values are, what and who's important to me, how I want to be viewed by others, and what I really want to be doing with my life. Overall, it was a rewarding experience and it led me to look for other tools on the web that might be helpful in the same vein. Most of the links below are related to helping one find a suitable career path, but I think even if you know what your career path is and are on it, creating a mission statement could be helpful in clarifying in your mind *why* you do the work you do and could help to renew your enthusiasm for it.

Here are a few other resources:

Are You Living On Purpose?

Personal Mission Statement

Mission Statement Exercise

Best wishes!

1 comment:

Andre said...

Covey is great. . I've had these planners since the early 90's and they've worked great for me.