Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy Place

This morning, Susan wrote an interesting post about meditation in which she describes her "happy place". I was thinking that would be a really good exercise to add to my list of things to do when I feel stressed and unhappy -- sit here in my chair with my eyes closed and imagine myself somewhere where I feel happy and content. I have done exercises in the past in which I tried to imagine the place I most wanted to be and in the past it usually was on a sunny beach. But Susan's post made me realize the beach isn't really my happy place at all. I think it's this:

I have just taken a hot bath and I am wrapped up in a large, soft blanket, lying in bed with my head propped up on a pillow. My kitty, Jezebel, is stretched out on my chest with her paws reaching towards my face. I am warm. I am comfortable. I feel happy. I drift off to sleep.

What's your happy place?

No comments: