Thursday, November 01, 2007

Sometimes my best friend, Lara, and I like to reminisce about old times. We were roommates in college and did many, many very silly things together. One thing that still makes us laugh is remembering some of the pick-up lines guys tried on us at parties and such when we were in school.

Here are a few favorites:

"I've been dreaming about your feet for weeks."

"I like the way your hair just sets there."

"As far as I'm concerned, the night is still young."

"So, how long have you lived in Bethesda?"

(If you're reading this, Lara, please help me remember some more!)

Have any you'd like to share? What kinds of silliness do you like to remember from your past?

7 comments:

Ian said...

"Hey baby, what highschool you go to?"

Works every time...

(Just kidding.)

Suze said...

you know, i don't think anyone's every used a bad pick-up line on me. probably because very very few people have ever hit on me at all. that said, two instances stand out in my mind:

once, when i sang with a band at a nerd gig (science conference), an old-ish dude hit on the MOTHER of one of the band members, and when she rejected him, he came to ME next. talk about deflating the ego.

another time, a guy called me and asked me out, even though his jaw had been wired shut after an unfortunate bar fight the week before. i told him i had plans with my little brother (it was even true!)

Steph said...

"Hey, Stephanie. I have a PENIS."

(High school.)

Sort of cuts to the chase, really.

Suze said...

(snort) I'm guessing that one didn't charm you, Steph?

andre said...

You're reminding me of Lara, a guy with a brass instrument, and a Brian Adams song. . those were the days.

When I was younger, I would just stand before girls I liked and stammer. . that was always fun.

A favorite was when an oboist from A house told me about someone trying to pick her up in Midtown mall with the line "so you got any kids?"

Silly things: a performance art piece in the Main Hall called "Slave Burial." Wow. I was very serious at the time though. And having Lara's dear husband cut off all of my dreadlocks only to leave *one* on my bald scalp. Jake, do not envy me!=)

Pamela said...

I can't believe I forgot about that, Andre!! "Everything I do, I do it for you..." and that single red rose... How romantic. He was really into archery, too, as I recall.

Scott said...

I've always been amused by overly complicated pick-up lines, like "Hey baby, if I had the power to re-arrange the alphabet, I'd put 'U' and 'I' together." Heh heh.