Friday, March 21, 2008

Vana

Vana passed away last night. In the beginning of February, the vet found cancer in her lymph nodes that had metastitized from her intestines. She was on a course of treatment, but after many weeks of it, the cancer persisted and was still in her blood. My Mom took the most amazing care of her. She went to great lengths to get her to eat and even got her to gain some weight in recent weeks. Unfortunately, yesterday afternoon it seems that she probably had a stroke. She died peacefully in the night in my mother's arms. I am so sad and have so much regret that I wasn't there with her and that I am so far away, but I know she was in very capable, loving hands. I have no doubt that she was loved by everyone who knew her. She was a sweetheart. I will miss her terribly.





8 comments:

Andre said...

I knew there was a reason I was writing you. Please know of my sorrow at your loss, and of my very best to you and your mom. No regrets. . just a celebration of the time you two shared.

We love her so much. said...

Thank you, Andre.

Lara said...

Vana was such a beautiful girl! She will live on in your heart and in the sweet memories you will always have of her. You are both so fortunate to have found each other in this life! May her fluffy and poofy memory be a comfort to you now.

Suze said...

Oh, Pam, I'm so sorry. She was so loved and she knew it. I'm glad to see that her last moments were with your mom in a time of peace.

[Pam's blog] said...

Thank you, Susan and Lara.

Steph said...

I'm so sorry, Pam. Losing pets is terribly difficult. Sending you and Vana's fluffy spirit many good thoughts.

Scott said...

So, so sorry for the loss, Pam. What a beautiful kitty she was, and I'm sure you'll have such fond memories of a loving relationship with her. I'm thinking of you back here in Wisconsin.

[Pam's blog] said...

Thank you, Steph and Scott. All of your comments are so thoughtful.