Thursday, July 24, 2008

Options

Tonight after work, my friend Jennie was asking me the Questions just for fun and when she asked me what I'm excited about in my life right now, I realized that this experience of trying to collect new experiences has really changed how I feel about my life. I told her I was excited because I realized that every day I have so many options, so many different possibilities for what I can do with my life on so many different levels and in so many different areas, and that feels really exciting to me. I feel like I'm on an adventure and I wonder what's going to happen next, what options are going to present themselves to me. Whereas before I think I often tried to avoid new experiences, trying to choose the fastest, easiest route -- the one that required the least thinking, now since I've been purposely seeking out new options, I find that just in general, I feel more open to new experiences. I feel less bothered when someone interrupts my usual habits and more likely to say "yes" when someone suggests something that feels a bit outside of my comfort zone. So, I think that's a good thing.

No comments: