Monday, September 22, 2008

CA Prop 2

A Farm Boy Reflects

There's an important proposition on the ballot in California this Fall -- something I think is tremendously important -- something that when I think about the fact that this isn't law now makes me want to cry. Proposition 2 simply prohibits the confinement of certain farm animals in a manner that does not allow them to tum around freely, lie down, stand up, and fully extend their limbs. How does anyone consider it humane to confine a sentient being in such a way that it can't turn around freely, lie down, stand up, or fully extend it's limbs? The thought of animals confined without these basic humane requirements makes me so angry I don't even know how to express it to you. I really hope this passes and then we have a lot more work to do beyond that.

1 comment:

Andre said...

Ditto!!