Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Getting To Know You

1. When did you get up this morning?
2. What did you eat for breakfast?
3. Have you had any caffeine? What form was it in?
4. Where are you?
5. Have you had lunch? If so, what did you eat/drink?
6. What are you wearing?
7. What is your pulse?
8. Have you read the news today?
9. How many people have you spoken to today?
10. What are your plans for the rest of the day?
11. What would you like to do that you can't do today?
12. What sort of advice would make your day better today?

(me: 1. 7:50am; 2. Banana; 3. Yes. Black tea.; 4. Sitting at my desk at work; 5. Nope, it's only 10:00am PT; 6. Jeans, black v-neck t-shirt, sneakers, light blue fleece zip up jacket; 7. 48; 8. Not yet; 9. 9; 10. Work until 5pm, Rehearsal for Volti from 7-10pm; 11. Take a walk in the sunshine somewhere pretty; 12. "Don't take yourself so seriously, Pam. Lighten up.")

3 comments:

Steph said...

1. 6:30
2. whole wheat flatbreads with a fried egg and hot sauce and a clementine
3. Yes, both black and green tea, although I poured half of the green tea in a houseplant because by then my pulse was starting to race
4. At home
5. Yes. Spaghetti with lentil tomato sauce and an apple and two more clementines, water
6. sweaty running clothes
7. I dunno. Not racing anymore, at any rate.
8. Yep.
9. Two
10. Read some boring academic articles, buy groceries, get a TB test for adoption paperwork (woohoo)
11. Knit for hours and hours in front of DVDs
12. Just do it.

Suze said...

1. 5:45

2. Oatmeal

3. lots of espresso at breakfast

4. at home

5. yes, I had leftover lentil soup and some graham crackers

6. jeans, black shirt, wool socks

7. errrrrrr, normal?

8. a bit

9. My two kids, my husband, my knitting friends (we meet on Wednesdays), plus a couple ladies at the shop where we meet...probably a dozen

10. make dinner with my friend Julia b/c her family is re-modeling the kitchen and they can't cook at her house

11. wear flip-flops and shorts (well, I could do that, but it would be monumentally stupid)

12. Be patient with your son, Susan. Be patient.

Scott said...

1. 7:00 (car horn next door), and also 7:20 (alarm clock).

2. Steel-cut oats with apple, raisin, and brown sugar.

3. I had black coffee with breakfast.

4. I am in my "home office" space, while my baby girl is napping upstairs.

5. I had lunch. It was some homemade macaroni and cheese, a veggie-burger-type patty (I don't usually buy much of that, but they were on clearance!), and some carrots and celery with a yogurt-y dip.

6. I am wearing dark blue jeans, a warm thermal-ish waffle shirt in light blue, and my crocs slippers (hideous, but warm and comfy).

7. Seems to be in the 70-ish range, as tested via my finger on my throat.

8. I checked the New York Times website quickly, a little while ago.

9. My wife. My baby. Um, that's it. 2.

10. I'm just going to play games with the baby until my wife gets home. Then, time to shovel the drive, after which we'll begin baby's dinner and bedtime rituals. Then, tonight, I'll make some supper and do some email catch-up, work that needs to get done, class prep, and the like.

11. I would like to get out of the house. But it's too darn cold and the car's snowed in and I can't shovel in the frigid outdoors with a baby. Also, I can't just walk anywhere, because nobody has shoveled their walk yet, and anyway I'm in crappy Michigan with nowhere to walk to. (And I'm slightly cranky about that, today!)

12. Everything changes, all the time. This too shall soon be past.