Monday, March 16, 2009

Books

So, after the awesome indy bookstore near my work went out of business after 85 years, I had to find another indy bookstore to frequent, so as to avoid the guilt of patronising only Borders. I found my new love on my way to teach out in the Richmond district. It's a totally awesome store and I've overpurchased already on my two visits over the weekend. I started by buying Three Cups of Tea, which was highly recommended by Steph. Before I even started the first book, though, I went back and purchased three additional books of interest: The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis, India by V.S. Naipaul, and The Life You Can Save by Peter Singer. I am a little over halfway through with Singer's provocative book, but I am not ready to write about anything yet. So many good books, but so little time to read. Now I must go to sleep so I'm not super tired when I get up for work tomorrow morning.

4 comments:

Suze said...

I do so little reading these days. Probably because I spend more time online and I knit in the precious little free time I have. But right now I'm craving good fiction, maybe as escapism to counterbalance all the bad news?
I always think it's interesting to see what other people are reading, though.

Pam said...

I haven't read fiction in quite a while. I can't really explain why. I've just been in the mood for non-fiction.

Janine said...

i'm pretty sure my sister's office is directly above that bookstore...

Pam said...

Stacey's? or Green Apple?