Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Getting To Know You

I'm home sick from work and need to take yet another nap, but first I thought I'd post a survey, since I haven't done that in a while.

Getting To Know You

1. When's the last time you took a leisurely, recreational walk around the neighborhood where you live?

2. When's the last time you took a relaxing bath?

3. When's the last time you made rice crispy treats or cookies or some sort of treat just for fun?

4. When did you last spend time looking at the stars (either through a telescope or not)?

5. When's the last time you sat somewhere and watched the sun set or rise?

6. When is the last time you went on a hike in the woods?

7. When's the last time you went to the beach (or to some body of water)?

8. When's the last time you played with a child - blocks or legos or something?

9. When's the last time you actively played with a cat or dog -- like fetch or chase the string or something?

10. When is the last time you hugged somebody?

11. What refreshes you -- restores your energy -- helps you get rid of stress?

(me: 1. I can't recall ever doing that.; 2. Maybe a month ago?; 3. I made brownies a couple of months ago.; 4. I haven't spent any length of time looking at the stars in quite a while.; 5. I think maybe we watched the sun set from the roof one evening not too long ago or at least intended to.; 6. Probably not since we went to Redwood National Forest. Was that last summer?; 7. I went to the beach a couple of weeks ago. I took off my shoes and socks, rolled up my jeans, and walked barefoot through the sand to the water and back. It was nice.; 8. Last Christmas I played Legos with my cousin's son, Andrew.; 9. A few days ago.; 10. Yesterday; 11. Going to a pretty, natural spot outdoors, taking a nap, laughing at something really funny, jogging...)

3 comments:

Scott said...

1. Yesterday! Babies are great excuses to take a lot of walks.

2. Um. Last year some time? I wish.

3. I made cookies last week. Whole-wheat and carrot cookies, but with plenty of butter and sugar in them to cancel out that healthy quotient.

4. Two summers ago, camping.

5. Does watching the sunrise in my living room when my baby was a newborn count? Because I did that a whole bunch.

6. A few weeks ago, in a little nature preserve in town here.

7. I went to the beach last summer. My dad happens to live a block from the ocean, so I get to have beach time whenever I visit.

8. A few hours ago.

9. I played silly games with some cats last month. Though mostly those games were, "let's see who'd win in a game of chicken between that kitty cat and my daughter."

10. This afternoon, I hugged both my wife and my baby girl.

11. I'm not sure, other than TIME. Free, unstructured time.

Jake said...

1. I never walk leisurely, but last week I did go exploring a bit.

2. Tonight! Thanks for the idea!

3. Brownies a few weeks ago.

4. Oh jeez. Probly last fall when I was in Florida. I try to look up as often as I can, but can't see much from here. When in Exeter, I try to look up, but I never have the time to just hang out and really stargaze. I miss it.

5. Can't remember.

6. Last summer, climbed Monadnock. Again.

7. Last fall, visiting my friend in Palm Beach.

8. All the children I know are pre-toys yet....

9. Few days ago.

10. Yesterday.

11. Sleeping in helps, cooking, walking, going somewhere else.

Suze said...

Hope you're feeling better!

1. Last time it was warm enough to take a walk with the kids. I think it was last week sometime.

2. uhhh. Hmmm. Maybe never.

3. Last week at steph's house. I make cookies and things ALL THE TIME. I'm going to be one of THOSE moms who always has tons of stuff at the bake sale, I just know it.

4. I'm not really sure. I did see the transit of Venus through a telescope, back in 2004 (I think that was the year). It was so cool. We camped out at a boy scout camp and my dad got us up at 5:30 to see it.

5. I've seen several sunrises through the front window thanks to a little boy who gets up waaaaay too early in the morning.

6. About a year ago.

7. A couple weeks ago I took the kids to a small beach park in town. The lake was still frozen but they had a ball playing in the cold wet sand.

8. I don't even need to answer that :)

9. I don't think I've ever played anything with a dog. Seriously. I pet them occasionally, though.

10. I hugged Daniel good night a few minutes ago, but he's decided to be up again.

11. knitting