Friday, May 22, 2009

Getting To Know You Again and Again (and enjoying it!)

1. What are you reading?

2. What's the last movie you saw?

3. Where are you right now?

4. Who's the last person you chatted with - or spoke on the phone with - or texted?

5. Do you have any plans for Memorial Day weekend?

(me - 1. *If Only They Could Talk* - James Herriot (which is known as *All Creatures Great and Small* in the US, I think. I am reading an edition which was published in the UK.); 2. *When Harry Met Sally* (I don't think I had seen it since I wrote a paper on it in college. I compared it to Woody Allen's *Annie Hall* for my *Hollywood Heroines in Film* class.); 3. Sitting at my desk at work.; 4. Terri (chat), Ian (text), Ian (phone); 5. No, but it's likely we'll see a movie.)

5 comments:

Steph said...

1. Forests of the Heart by Charles de Lint. Well, technically I just finished it.

2. Last night I saw What the Bleep: Down the Rabbit Hole. Or rather, I saw two and a half hours of it before burning out and leaving. I have no idea how long it went on after that. It's probably still going on. I found the content so credulous and manipulative that I had to take lots of deep calming breaths on the way home.

3. Sitting at my dining room table, looking at the clock and being nervous about a meeting I have in half an hour.

4. A fellow board member on my interfaith women's board, dealing with a DVD crisis that led to us viewing the aforementioned What the Bleep at our event rather than a much better (and unavailable) documentary.

5. We're visiting my husband's grandmother in Versailles, MO. That's vur-SAYLES.

Jake said...

1. Olympos by Dan Simmons. Not terribly well written, and kinda frustrating at times, but fun.

2. Star Trek. Oh yeah. Emma if you count videos....

3. Work.

4. Frank - a composer who's writing a piece for me (chat); my cousin about weekend plans (phone); Jessie - the one friend who seems to communicate by nothing but texting (text).

5. Dinner with cousin tonight, Redeemer party Sunday, chillin'.

Suze said...

1. Indigo Dying (mystery)
2. I dont' even remember.
3. home
4. my dad
5. Not really

Celeste Winant said...

1. Women in Love, by D. H. Lawrence

2. In the theaters: Star Trek. At home: The Reader (almost done).

3. At work, falling asleep in my chair.

4. George the co-worker (chat) Robby (phone) Kathryn (text)

5. Friend's brithday tonight - (Monsters vs. Aliens at Bay Street, followed by Cafe Biere), tomorrow I am doing sh*t!!!! Sunday - swim and work. I'll probably go see Terminator 4 in there somewhere, to thank the BF for coming to Volti last week. :-)

Suze said...

p.s. I'm sure the last person I texted was my brother. I almost never text anyone else!