Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Needing to let some light in

Sorry for all the darkness, folks. Ian left me a week ago, just after the end of my most successful opera performance ever. I was called "excellent" by the San Francisco Chronicle! But, alas, I have been devastated and barely functional for the past week. I could use some support right now.

That said, I am really enjoying having more time with my kitty cat, Nashira. She is so awesome and it is so nice to finally get more cuddle time to myself -- and more play time and brushing time. Also, I have to say, it's really nice to be able to wake up in the morning and turn on the light -- and the radio!

Thanks for listening. On my way out... here's a poem my best friend sent me:

"Movement"

Towards not being
anyone else's center
of gravity.
A wanting
to love: not
to lean over towards
an other, and fall,
but feel within one
a flexible steel
upright, parallel
to the spine but
longer, from which to stretch;
one's own
grave springboard; the outflying spirit's
vertical trampoline.

-Denise Levertov

Also... I need to re-do my list of blogs from scratch. I'll work on it soon.

4 comments:

Jake said...

Here. Feel free to lean.

Scott said...

Oooh, congrats on being excellent. Is that the second woman of "oft she visits this old mountain" fame? Awesome.

Blogger said...

ClixSense is an high paying work from home website.

Blogger said...

Get daily suggestions and methods for generating THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS per day FROM HOME for FREE.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY