Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Neighbors

I knew that my last apartment must have had pretty thick walls, because I could never hear my neighbors, but I guess I didn't realize just how lucky I was until this morning at 5:45am when my kitty cat started crying incessantly and woke me up. Finally, seeing that she couldn't be appeased by petting and soothing words, I got up and turned on the light, gave her some food, brushed her, and even gave her some kitty treats. Still, she roamed around the apartment crying and sniffing at the wall. A woman neighbor was having a heated conversation with someone on the phone and even jumped up and down a few times. Nashira was trying to figure out where she was. She was really distressed about it. She still is. It's only 6:23am. This has only been the second night we've spent in the new apartment and I really have no other complaints. It's a great place. But Nashira is still getting used to the new sounds coming from all sides. Well, I guess I'll make some coffee and start unpacking my books...

1 comment:

Jake said...

Reminds me of when my dad moved to France, his cat had a hard time adjusting to French being spoken all the time. He even seemed not to understand the French cats in the 'hood!