Thursday, January 14, 2010

California

I recently took a weekend trip up to a town about an hour north of San Francisco. Although I was really stressed at the beginning of the weekend because I had to rush there right after work and didn't get a chance to do laundry or any other important weekend things, the next day it became so clear why the trip was exactly what I needed. It is SO green in California right now and as a result, the landscape is just gorgeous. Also, the town we were in was far enough from civilization that at night I saw more stars than I think I have ever seen. It was amazing - the layers of stars, the shooting stars, the brightness of the constellations, etc. It is still so novel to me living in a place where things are actually living in January, given my long history living in places where everything is frozen from October to April. The beauty of this part of the world is entrancing and... I like it. I do. I do.

No comments: