Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 5: Blog Writing Challenge

Good morning. Well, I'm still sick. I had a fever of 100.4 before going to bed last night and then woke up covered in sweat again. Yuck. I feel really sleepy right now. I'm starting to wonder if this is a good idea at all. How interesting can a blog be that's written when my brain is at its weakest? Anyway, I guess I won't give up yet, but I might do something to change the parameters. I don't know. At any rate, I'll try to tell you something interesting.

Yesterday when I was home sick I watched a very funny movie called *The Invention of Lying* which stars Ricky Gervais. It's about a town (and a world) where people always tell the truth and there is no such thing as lying, even in the name of fiction. That is what makes the movie so funny. The main plot line is pretty good, but seriously, what makes this movie hilarious is the ridiculous dialogue between people at the beginning of the film. Part of me wants to give you more details, but part of me doesn't want to spoil it in case you decide to see it. I always like movies better when I don't know anything about them or know very little. Anyway, I also thought *Ghost Town* was really funny. I think that's the last movie I saw him in, the one where he plays a dentist. Ricky seems like the kind of guy who has an infectious laugh, like if you were hanging out with him, you'd be in stitches all the time. There is just something about him that makes me smile, but I know a lot of it is that the jokes he writes are genuinely funny, so he's obviously very smart and talented. But, it's like he's just so amused by life and by funny ideas. I don't really know this, it's just how it seems to me.

Well, I am seriously considering going back to bed. Have a good day.

No comments: