Friday, February 05, 2010

Day 14: Getting To Know You

1. What are you sitting on? (or are you standing?)
2. What is the last thing you drank/ate?
3. Is there music on where you are right now? If not, what sounds can you here?
4. What do you smell?
5. What is one thing that you *have* to accomplish today?
6. Who is one person in your life who you love or have loved? What is one thing that you loved about him/her?
7. What is something that you are looking forward to?

(me: 1. a rolling office chair, 2. coffee, 3. no music, i can hear several different office conversations, the sound of people typing, the humming of office equipment, the sound of trucks passing on the street, 4. coffee, 5. i have a dvd i need to return (this is it), 6. my grandma, Geneva. i loved her hands, especially when she held my hand. they were so warm and loving, 7. i am looking forward to trying out a new chakra toning meditation that i wrote, with a student or other willing volunteer. :-))

5 comments:

Suze said...

1. A crappy office chair. The back keeps coming loose and it drives me bananas.

2. Leftover risotto. I thought it was good, but I sneaked in a tablespoon of parsnip so my husband didn't like it.

3. I hear the Curious George video my kids are watching on the teevee.

4. Stale house smell. I wish I could open some windows.

5. I HAVE to make Daniel's birthday cake for his party tomorrow.

6. I love lots of people! But I think I'll pick my little brother (I assume you mean "love" in the broad sense) and one thing I really love about him is that we can ALWAYS be goofy and silly together even though we are supposedly grown-ups.

7. The weekend.

tkempton said...

1. A hand-painted old purple chair. Very comfy.
2. Cheerios and almond milk.
3. No music - profound quiet, especially after a very windy/rainy night it's so still.
4. Orchids.
5. Cleaning + yoga before out-of-town guests arrive.
6. a friend of mine who is no longer with us; he had this amazing smile that was both goofy and radiant. How I miss that beaming smile when it was directed at me!
7. Having friends stay at Magic House this weekend. And trying out Pam's chakra meditation!

Pam said...

I love you both. :-)

Scott said...

1. Office chair, generic. Came free with my desk.

2. Roastaroma tea. Just before that, stir-fried mung bean noodles with pork and shrimp from my local Thai joint.

3. No music. I hear the heat coming up through the vents, and my wife grading papers in the other room, and my daughter's white noise machine hissing in the background.

4. I smell clothes drying (no dryer sheets, just the smell of hot fabric). I smell my tea, on the desk next to me.

5. I HAVE to make myself a lunch and some snacks for tomorrow, as I have the most hectic work day ever, and will only have one 20-minute break between 9 AM and 6:30 PM.

6. I love a friend of mine (let's call her M) from high school. I think she's feeling a bit lost these days, but she's the most open-minded person I've ever met, and she also happens to be very devoutly Catholic... Every time I'm tempted to think that religion is toxic, or that no-one really listens to each other anymore, I just think of dear M and regain hope in so many aspects of humanity.

7. The new member of our family arriving around early May! A little sister for Lotte!

Pam said...

Yay for Scott, too! XO And congratulations on the baby to be!! :-)