Monday, March 08, 2010

Haircut

Tonight I cut my hair. It had grown the longest I've ever had it in my entire life and was just getting to be too annoying to deal with. I had to wear it in a braid to bed every night so it wouldn't tangle. It was annoying to wash, too, because of the whole tangling issue. Also, I just felt like it made me look kind of dorky. When it was freshly washed it looked pretty nice, I'll admit, but on day #2, it just looked, well, boring... and it was too much of a pain to wash every day. I felt like I needed more of a style, but I also wanted to donate the cut hair to Locks of Love and knew that if I cut it, I'd want to cut a lot of it.

My whole life I have always gone back and forth between long and short hair. Until recently, if I had the desire to cut my hair because it was getting too hard to deal with, it would never have been a big deal for me. Cutting long hair into a short bob has always been liberating for me. It's always been so fun to wash my hair for the first time after cutting it because it's so much easier to do. But, alas, this time was not so easy. I've been thinking about cutting my hair for weeks without having the courage to do it. And, after making the first cut, I actually cried this time. But I have had a lot of compliments on my cute new haircut and now I'm really glad I did it.

I will post a picture sometime soon.

No comments: