Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

One of the strangest things about being back in California (I just got back from seeing my family in Syracuse for the holidays) is noticing how much colder it is here.  That probably sounds strange.  I spent five days in a place where the temperature varied from about 15 to about 39 degrees Fahrenheit and now I'm in a place where the temperature is currently 48 and that is probably the coldest it will get.  I think a large part of it has to do with the fact that people in cold climates tend to keep their houses quite warm in the winter time (especially when they have guests), whereas my apartment in San Francisco only has a little electric heater and it's drafty, so it is always chilly inside when it's cold out.  I guess the other factor is expectation.  I was expecting it to be really cold in Syracuse, so I brought my warmest clothes and I wore them.  When I returned, I expected it to be much warmer here.  It certainly isn't as cold outside, but inside my apartment is considerably colder than inside my mother's house in Syracuse.  Time to go snuggle with my kitty cat under the blankets!!  Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Suze said...

Happy New Year!