Friday, January 07, 2011

Switch

A few months ago I started reading a book called Switch.  I have been surprised by how enjoyable it is to read and have been reading it slowly and savoring its refreshing ideas about how to reframe life.  Although it speaks about making changes in the workplace, its ideas are applicable to all facets of life.  One concept that I have been thinking about a lot is something they call making a destination postcard, meaning that you take the time to imagine very clearly and precisely where you'd like to end up after you have made the changes you'd like to make (which is one way of figuring out what changes you need to make to get there).  It's one thing to think about how frustrated I am by some things I don't like about my life now, but it is surprisingly challenging to think clearly about what exactly I would like my life to look like so that things would be better.  More soon...

No comments: