Sunday, February 06, 2011

Sunny Sunday

I bought a blender today. I have been meaning to do it for a long time and today I finally did. I decided that getting enough protein needs to be a priority and that a protein shake in the morning would be a perfect way to achieve that end.

My first concoction was a cup of almond milk, 2 bananas, 3 tbsp of vegan soy protein powder, two large handfuls of spinach, and about half a cup of orange juice. It tasted great even though it might sound a little strange. The only thing that I think would have made it better would have been if the bananas had been more ripe.

Do you ever make smoothies? What are your favorite recipes?

4 comments:

Suze said...

Daniel loves smoothies (and is particularly tickled that he can assemble and operate the blender by himself now...) We usually throw in a banana, some frozen strawberries, sometimes blueberries, yogurt, and a little sugar. Not vegan with the yogurt, I know. Yesterday we tried no yogurt but some pineapple juice instead and it was REALLY good!

Pam said...

Ooh! That sounds delicious. I used to make a lot of smoothies with frozen fruit and thought they were awesome. I will have to go get some. Thanks for the reminder! And, pineapple juice sounds yummmmmy! I can't believe Daniel is already old enough to assemble and operate a blender by himself! Wow!

Scott said...

I don't know if I've ever used a recipe, but just like Susan, my little girl LOVES smoothies. Our usual blend of stuff is some milk, some juice (OJ or whatever), some plain yogurt, and a mess of frozen fruit.

I find that frozen pineapple makes everything better. And strawberries and blueberries are great too. But the best, to me, is pineapple and OJ and anything else. Mmm.

Pam said...

Ok. I'm definitely putting frozen fruit and especially frozen pineapple on my grocery list! :-)