Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bearsy

Back in 2001, I took in a kitty cat who was living under my house at the time. But, the next Fall I decided to go to grad school in Boston and there was just no way I could take three cats to live in a tiny room in a new city. I asked my Mom, who had never had a cat, if she would consider looking after him for a while. She agreed and since then they have become the best of friends, and she has been such a wonderful caregiver for him. In the last couple of months he has become quite ill. He had to have one of his kidneys removed and now the other is not working so well. You may remember another time two years ago when he was ill and pulled through. His veterinarian says he is unlike any cat she has ever seen. He has fought his way through the greatest obstacles and come through miraculously. He is nothing less than a superhero cat in my eyes. And, he's the sweetest little brown kitty you've ever seen. We don't know how much longer he's got, but we love him.

1 comment:

Suze said...

Oh, I remember meeting Bearsy in Syracuse! I hope he pulls through.