Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Fog Lifts

This morning when I left my apartment I noticed it was about thirty degrees cooler than it had been when I last was out yesterday. The wind was blowing little droplets into my face. Looking up I could see that fog was obscuring the top ten stories of a high rise three blocks away. As I rounded the corner and walked down the hill towards the coffee shop, I couldn't help thinking that today was going to be a very different day than yesterday had been. Yesterday was so warm and sunny. But, in the last hour and a half, the fog has totally lifted and as I sip my coffee I can see a blue sky and plenty of sunshine out the window.

I'm still feeling like I don't want to leave. But, I will be living here for thirty-three more days. I think the only true remedy for my predicament is to make the absolute most I can of these last thirty-three days.

No comments: