Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Good-byes

I am feeling a little overwhelmed by all of the good-byes. When I decided to move, not only did I not fully realize just how much I love San Francisco, but I also didn't realize just how many people I would need to say good-bye to, just how many people would tell me they are sad I'm leaving. I have already said good-bye to many choir friends and students. Today I start training the person who will replace me in my office job. The group of twenty people I work with by day, who I assist in multiple and various ways, has become like a family to me. I have spent forty hours a week with most of them for more than three and a half years. My last day working there will be Friday. I am looking forward to moving on, but I really have come to love these people very much as individuals each in their own idiosyncratic ways. It's going to be sad to leave them.

No comments: