Friday, June 24, 2011

Pomp and Circumstance

When I leave California next month, I will have lived here just six weeks short of four years. The therapist I used to see told me San Francisco is full of transients. People come here to find themselves and I think I, too, have learned a great deal about myself since I have lived here. In a way it feels sort of like I'm graduating. Maybe it's just because of the four year mark, but I feel like I've been granted with some sort of cosmic blessing to go on to the next phase of my life.

Over the last week I spent a fair amount of time feeling scared about leaving because I love this place and the people here so much. But, then I started recounting the year and the events that led up to my decision to leave. And, now I am back to feeling like I'm doing the right thing.

And, I'm still enjoying every minute that I'm here.

No comments: