Saturday, June 11, 2011

Random Stuff

So, I'm trying to blog more regularly to help me through this next transition phase of my life, but I don't feel like I have much of anything interesting to say. Still, here's what's going on...

I've been helping my boss at my office job find a replacement for me. We've interviewed four candidates so far out of ~135 applicants. Holy crap.

One of my San Franciscan students moved to New Zealand and I have continued to give her voice lessons via Skype at her request because she will be auditioning for music school in mid-July. At this point we are doing two lessons a week. It has taken a lot of experimentation to improve the Skype connection and it's still not ideal. I'm feeling pretty stressed out about that. I hope I am able to help her get to the place she needs to be.

The professional choir I've been singing with regularly is singing for a national choir conference here this afternoon. I have a crazy solo in one of the pieces we're singing. I hope I sing it well.

I am doing a benefit concert for the same choir tomorrow afternoon for a bunch of our donors and will be singing three of Copland's Emily Dickinson songs.

Also, tomorrow, I've been advised to wear red to church for Pentecost. Honestly, I have never understood what Pentecost was all about.

No comments: