Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Time

I'm having one of those weeks that has been fairly typical in my life lately in which I am pretty much working all of the time and not doing anything to relax. Let me be more specific. I had one day off recently on which I didn't have any obligations (Memorial Day). I spent the entire day (14 hours of it) sorting through bags of papers that have accumulated in my life over the last several years. I'm really glad that I finally took the time to do that, because I really need to be sorting through and getting rid of things before I move, but obviously it wasn't very relaxing... The last whole day off I had before that was January 19th (MLK day). I've been working my full-time office job every week day, teaching students on Monday and Thursday evenings and Saturday afternoon (and extra make-up lessons when I have rehearsals that conflict with regularly scheduled lessons), in choir rehearsal on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, cantoring on Sundays, and singing concerts, like this past weekend's two concert set in Palo Alto on Saturday and Sunday evening. I enjoy the work I'm doing, but it's not really possible for me to be working this schedule, having multiple deep conversations a day about why I'm leaving town, keeping up with my laundry and other personal needs, and also doing major planning for the move and thinking about the future and not feel like I'm going totally bonkers. I don't have any immediate plans to go hiking or out for drinks with friends or see a movie or anything else relaxing or fun. I think I need to work on that. And yet, I really need to do my laundry... And, sort through my music books... And, ...

No comments: