Thursday, July 07, 2011

The Internets

Yesterday I was informed that Facebook is not cool anymore. I had a feeling I was getting a little too big headed by thinking that having 541 Facebook friends all over the world who I regularly engage in witty banter with was a sign of social success. But, here I am in the center of the high tech universe where trends come and go. And, I'm always curious to try new things, so while I have no intention of quitting Facebook anytime soon, yesterday I joined Google+ and Twitter. Ha! Look at me! I'm getting all up to speed on my social networking.

But, that was really just an act of procrastination. Yesterday I managed to successfully divide all of my books into either boxes for shipping or bags for selling/giving away. Then, last night I spent quite a while organizing my CDs, as many of them were in loose piles. I considered importing all of them into my computer, which would be the ultimate act of space saving, but in the end only imported a handful (for complex reasons). This morning I had hoped that going through my sheet music would result in a smaller amount that needs to be shipped, but instead, I find that I really don't want to part with much of any of it. There are maybe 2 or 3 folios I would consider ditching.


There are, however, a lot of old opera scores and a couple of hymnals that I might need to part with.


:-( Or not... I guess I need more boxes.

No comments: