Friday, July 08, 2011

Red Exes

I had lunch with an old friend yesterday who told me about a new motivational technique he's using. He's always been big into goals and strategic planning and has been very successful in his efforts, so I'm always interested to hear what he has to say, since that is something that also interests me.

So, here it goes:

1. Pick something you want to accomplish (ex.: to write a good song)
2. Designate a plan for what you'll need to do every day to accomplish your goal
(ex.: write a song = [Q])
3. Get a calendar and post it on the wall. On every day that you [Q], mark that date with a big red X.
4. Don't break the chain.

I like it. It's a very minimalistic and straightforward system and seems like it would work well.

Update:

Day One: Complete!

No comments: