Thursday, February 09, 2012

Food Blogs and Vegan Pasta

I guess the reason I have so many food blogs on my blogroll is because I enjoy drooling. Especially when I see pictures of Chocolate chip cookie dough-filled chocolate cake. But, seriously, I have always aspired to be a good cook. Unfortunately, I am not the most patient person with recipes, so when I do make something that tastes good, it always seems to happen by accident.

Tonight I made some vegan pasta that tasted delicious. Here's what I did to the best of my recollection. First, I sauteed half a diced red onion in olive oil until it was translucent. Then, I added maybe a cup of chopped baby portabello mushrooms. After a few minutes on - oh, I don't know - medium heat, I added two stalks of chopped broccoli heads. I added about a cup (or so) of garlic pre-seasoned tomato sauce, about a tablespoon (or so) of tamari sauce, and some dried minced garlic. I turned it up to high and covered it until the broccoli was just right and then turned down the heat and stirred in about a cup of cooked macaroni.

That's about it.

No comments: